Sunday, May 31, 2009

A perfect way to end the week...

While my daughters were still out of town on an Indian Princess overnight, I spent my afternoon at the Edna Maguire garden fundraiser manning an MOGP table. What fun!!  While offering insect tatt's to the kids, I spread the MOGP word to the parents and got to revel in the garden festivities as well.  Suffice it to say that my day ended watching the parents of a group of 3rd grade boys eat pie with their hands behind their backs.  Get the picture?  The best part was that everyone participating in this event, as well as the bake off, the obstacle course and all the other activities today, did it to raise money for Edna's fabulous school garden.  What educational treasures this garden and the many school gardens throughout Marin are for our children.  Perhaps if I had been so lucky as a child, I might have discovered my passion for gardening well before I turned 40!!

It was most appropriate therefore, that a dedication ceremony was held in that garden today honoring my friend Lee Buddish who was the driving force behind the garden over the last many years, taking it to the level the students get to enjoy today.  Power to Saor Stetler, the parent who agreed to take the reins from Lee when she was ready to "retire" (if you know Lee, you know retirement simply means throwing herself 150% into something new).  Saor didn't miss a beat as he took the lead in the garden this year with a team of dedicated volunteers.  So thank you guys for setting such a stellar example for the rest of the schools in the district and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment